Lobometrics devices provide wireless access to WiFi-compliant clients over a large, metropolitan-scale area. Mesh access points can be installed anywhere that power is available. Nodes communicate over the wireless network to route traffic between clients and the wired network. Lobometrics devices have the most advanced OS in the market as well as unique range and security options.
The Lobometrics devices have numerous benefits:
- Cost-effective. They have, by far, the best cost/features/performance ratio in the market.
- Includes all wireless modes available, including AP mode, hotspot, transparent links, lossless repeater, routed links, client, MAC-Proxy client.
- The most feature rich OS in the market, only comparable to high end Cisco devices.
- High output power and receive sensibility for wider coverage.
- The best throughput in the market, up to 400Mbps of available true usable bandwidth between two wireless linked Lobometrics devices.
- Dynamic long distance propietary protocols for unequalled performance in long distance links.
- First class IP67 (dust and water proof) outdoor enclosures with the best level of heat dissipation found in any other AP in the market.
- Can operate in outdoor environments from -20ºC to +70ºC
- The only devices in the market fully user-programmable to react dynamically to any situation defined by the administrator.
- Compliant with the IEEE 802.11a and 802.11b/g standards, in standard modes they interoperate with any WiFi-compliant device.
- In mesh deployments, using the wireless network to communicate between nodes, Lobometrics eliminates the need to provision a network connection to each mesh access point.
- Providing support for virtual APs with individual Service Set Identifiers (SSIDs) to create multiple WLANs, the mesh network can be segmented to provide services to multiple user types.
- Extremely stable operation under any condition or load
- Two sets of management tools, the basic tools for non-professionals and the advanced configurator for professionals.
- Dynamic mesh configuration deployment allows access points to be installed minimum onsite configuration. Access points securely and automatically join the mesh network.
- With its administration software, designed for large-scale WLANs, it takes a systems-level view toward device and RF management, security, and mobility.
- The Lobometrics Access Points operate over Layer 2 or Layer 3, and is fully integrated into any existing network architecture. The same architecture designed for the indoors can apply to the outdoor network, providing seamless integration as well as seamless roaming.
- An intelligent wireless routing algorithm based on Adaptive Wireless Path Protocol delivers a dynamic, self-configuring, self-healing mesh network. When changes to the network topology or wireless environment occur, the access points automatically reroute traffic in response.
- Lobometrics extensive graphical software tools provide an easy-to-use and intuitive graphical user interface.
- Secure. Compliant with 802.11i and WiFi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), the Lobometrics devices provide 802.1X authentication with various Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) types and ensures data privacy with hardware-based Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption. Hardware-based AES encryption over the wireless backhaul ensures data privacy.
- The industry leader in performance and scalability
- Based on 802.11a and 802.11b/g, the Lobometrics devices allows full control of up to four parallel radios minimizing interference and providing greater system capacity than any single radio architectures.
- Intelligent wireless routing ensures that the wireless backhaul is dynamically organized to provide the optimal performance at all times.
- WiMAX updatable (OSB and OSC series)
Wireless Access Points (AP) give devices access to a network through a wireless connection, like Wireless Network Servers (WNS), but can only deliver to small workgroups and have no administration or network management.
Wireless network Servers are single or multiradio wireless access points (APs) that integrate management, QoS assurance and network administration. WNS can attend large number of users.
WNS are used to create metropolitan-scale outdoor wireless networks, providing access to any WiFi-compliant client or for linking remote networks at distances of over 100km. The Lobometrics devices can be deployed anywhere that power is available. The Lobometrics devices also include a intelligent wireless routing algorithm to create a mesh network with other WDS compatible devices. The unique flexibility of Lobometrics devices enables the creation of wireless mesh networks that self-organize and self-heals to maintain optimal performance in the face of changing network and environmental conditions. MultiBand, radar support and dynamic channel selection allows licensed and unlicensed public safety agencies to minimize the impact of interference from other devices.
Yes, Lobometrics devices are 100% compliant with all FCC (Asia and United States) and ETSI (Asia, Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), and Emerging Market (EM) regulations. The Lobometrics devices have adjustable power output and automatic control based on country and antenna selection
The Lobometrics devices support the IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b/g, 802.11n, 802.11e, and 802.11i WPA and WPA2 industry standards as a basic minimum performance configuration to keep compatibility if needed. Starting from the industrial standards users can apply a set of aditional propietary high performance protocols.
Common applications include:
- Extending public WiFi access coverage to outdoor areas or wider areas than existing hotspots.
- Connecting networks within an outdoor campus area for enterprise, education, or healthcare deployments.
- Providing an outdoor infrastructure network for transportation, public safety, or government deployments.
The main difference is that OSC devices use the fastest processors available to support greater speeds and larger workloads of simultaneous users, traffic, network control rules and/or optimization schemes. OSC series are used when customers need the best performance available in he market.
Probably no other wireless infrastructure product in the market offers the combination of ultra-fast performance and an extensive set of security features. On one hand, when used as backhaul or bridge, Lobometrics devices support point-to-point and point-to-multipoint encrypted tunnelling, with PPTP, L2TP and IPSec VPNs, when used to service wireless clients it supports all standards, including WEP, WPA and normal and advanced WPA2. Lobometrics devices also support per-user WEP keying and can be a Radius client and Radius Relay. Traffic can be filtered by time (hour and day of week), user or range of users, network segments, ports, protocols, MAC addresses, IPs, and any combination between them.
On the infrastructure security side, Lobometrics devices support several schemes of redundancy and dynamic topology that enables the creation of high end fault-tolerant wireless networks.
The Lobometrics Access Points requires:
- A 2.4-GHz and/or a 5-GHz antenna depending on model
- Antenna cable
If the access point is installed on a streetlight, a pole-mounting bracket is also required. If the access point is to be installed on rooftops and connected to the network, an Ethernet cable is also required. A power injector to provide Power over Ethernet (PoE) to rooftop access points is included standard. A pole mount bracket may also be required, depending on the chosen installation method.
Yes, the Lobometrics devices supports prioritization to clients and for traffic forwarded over the wireless backhaul. As a matter of fact, standard QoS, which other manufacturers consider a "hit" is only a fraction of the QoS control features Lobometrics devices offer.
Yes. When the radio is set to provide wireless backhaul, they can also be configured simultaneously to support client access.
Lobometrics devices can be managed by HTTP (for security and management reasons not recommended, can be disabled), SSH (command mode) and by its own set of graphical tools. Tools are included inside the device FTP so administration can be considered portable.